Homemade Bailey’s Irish Cream
Tis the season to be jolly….and if that means you need a little boozy coffee to get you there, well there will be no judgment from me!
This time of year another of our favourite recipes to get out is for Homemade Bailey’s Irish cream. Super simple to make in the blender and stores well to give away as gifts or to keep for yourself. Add it into your holiday coffee, pour some into that glass of eggnog or simply enjoy on the rocks around the Christmas tree. We’ve been using this recipe for the last couple of years now and it’s a no fail, plus, it will put you right into the holiday spirit!
- 1 tsp instant coffee (dissolved in 2 tbsp boiling water)
- 1 cup cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 2/3 cups Irish Whiskey (I use Jameson’s)
- 3 tbsp chocolate sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix instant coffee into boiling water and set aside to cool (this step is optional but makes for a smoother finish)
- Place all ingredients, including cooled coffee mixture, into blender.
- Slowly increase speed to combine, about 20 seconds.
- Store in sterilized glass jars in fridge.
** Will keep unopened in fridge for 2 months! Once opened use up within the week. **